The first question everyone who has been diagnosed with UC asks is what causes Ulcerative Colitis. There are many causes of Ulcerative Colitis. When you look over these, try to remember what was going on before you came down with the symptoms of UC.
1. Did you go swimming in a river or a lake and then come down with the symptoms?
2. Did you eat at a restaurant or eat something that did not agree with you and get sick afterwards?
3. Were/are you having cravings for sweets and sugars?
4. Did you notice other symptoms like hair loss or visions problems pop up before the symptoms started?
5. Are the symptoms worse when you eat certain foods?
6. Were you sick with a fever?
7. Do others in your family have UC or any autoimmune condition?
8. Did you have sex with someone who had the same symptoms?
9. Did you forget to wash your hands after using a public bathroom?
10. Going through a very stressful time in your life.